The initial name was linked to ” horse races ” during the French colonization period. This area was the small lake aim organizing horse races and described in Paris magazine in 1891.


Nowadays, the lake has continually been adjusting by increasing the water surface and new passageways, expanding the square of trees to be the central entertainment place along Lach Tray street.